Followers

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Crafting When We Can - Challenge #35

Well.. Here we are on January 6th and I was suppose to post this morning for my Crafting When We Can post!! I had the date ALL wrong!! Glad I had the card ready to go :)  I just needed to get photos. AND! It's a  good thing I was checking in today on the sites!! Everything is just way out of whack! So.. I'm so sorry I'm late posting this!!! Life will start getting back to normal next week I'm hoping.. although I have a LOT going on.. I'll explain after I get this card up LOL

The Challenge for this week is to use your Favorite Things! Well... some of my very favorite things are dies!! So I used a Memory Box die and a Spellbinders die. I also used some stickles.. I love sparkly!! And I love dimension.. there is not as much as I usually like, but I didn't like her popped out so much really. The image is from Sassy Studio and it is Sassy Samantha... she is great isn't she! And of course... Copic.. I used Copic to color the image and I LOVE Copic!!




I didn't use any patterned papers.. just cardstock. I love Red, Black and White together. The Happy Freakin Birthday came from Creative Vision - Sassy Happy Birthday II.

Copic:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Cheeks: R11, R20
Dress: R22, R24, R27, R28, R39
Lips: R27, R29
Eyes: B02, B04
Shoes: C7, C9
Earings/Bracelet: C9, Gold Letraset Metallic

Challenges:

So, I went back to work on Wednesday of last week. I had a really busy week at work. Kevin has gotten sick so I'm trying to get him well. We have been looking for a house to rent.. I have lived in the apartments for 3 years and I am so done. I need to get some things in order before we look at buying a house and get some time established here with Kevin. So, we have been driving around looking at houses for the past few weeks. There was one that we REALLY liked, but we can't move out of here until February and we weren't sure if they would accept that. But! They did!! So we signed the rental agreement yesterday and we are all set. We are set to move in there on the 9th. We have until the 20th or 22nd.. to get out of the apartment. That will give me some time to get us moved and this placed cleaned up. I am so excited, but it has been so busy. I finally found some time this past week into the weekend to color some images and that is what I have been working on while trying to nurse Kevin back to good health. Now I have a bunch of cards to make. Here I thought I was all ahead of the game until I went and checked in on Crafting When We Can today!! Oh well.. that is how life has felt since Kevin has gotten here.. Just busy and hectic. I will be glad to get the kids back to school, back to work for me and a routine going again. I won't feel so out of sorts!! I hope everyone is having a fantastic New Year so far :)   

24 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Love the boldness of this one. Great design.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

snappy scrappy said...

Cute card...congrats on the new place!! Lee-Ann :)

Danni said...

This is fabulous! Really like the layout!

Crafting Vicky said...

It's fun to see you posting again Mrs Kennedy ;) So very busy hey... Totally love this card and I NEED that memory box die! You managed to have one that I don't have... same thing with the spellbinder... lol Have a fabulous week!

Misty's said...

Gorgeous card, Susan. Love the black and red with the hints of white, brilliant image too.
Michaela xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this card in the bold red and black colors - layout is fabulous too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge

Karon said...

What a fabulous card - love the image and that fabulous die cut.

Great to see you back Susan - sorry to hear Kevin not well. Whoop whoop on the house move:-) And a belated Happy New Year to you all:-) Hugs, Karon

Robin said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you colored her especially the hair. Loving that oriental feel to it also. Hugs, Robin

Susie said...

A very sassy card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

Hayley Kew said...

What a funky card! I love your colour selection and the floral sparkly detail. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again next week :)

Hofkissed said...

Great card. I too love dies and really love the floral one you used! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps! Hope you'll play along with us again.

jjcreations said...

Oh I love black, white and red cards! You've done a great job placing the stem of flowers - and the colouring is fantastic. Thanks for joining us this week at Sunday Stamps - hope you play along with us again soon.

Marlene Atkinson said...

Beautiful card, love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Robyn's Fetish this week. Marlene

Marlene Atkinson said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Robyn's Fetish this week. Marlene

sam said...

Such a stunning card thanks for joining anything goes challenge at glitternsparkle Sam DT xx

Edie said...

I am also a lover of that color combination. Your card is sensational. Very sexy, eye-catching card. Thanks for playing with us at 613 Avenue Create.

Jen Leeflang said...

Gorgeous, elegant card! Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug challenge blog. God luck in the draw!
love
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO DT

Kim Kutie said...

Really cute card. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful card Susan. Love it...joann sassy raggedy

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

love the image love the colour combo its fantastic thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

Unknown said...

Cute card! Love the girl. Too cute! Thanks for playing this week.

hollybeary creations said...

Great take on the sketch.. Cute image. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.

K Clark said...

amazing... love all the red
thanks for joining us at pile it on - hope to see you again this week. Kimberly
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.ca/

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx